Welcome to Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center
Bhante Vimalaramsi is the abbot of Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center (DSMC) and and is the teacher of the on-site residential retreats. He offers public talks nearby, by invitation. Sister Khema teaches 8 day monthly Online retreats and teaches offsite 4-5 day meditation/workshops on request while residing, writing and editing at DSMC. A full schedule of retreats are offered this summer and fall.See our retreat pages for further details.
Dhamma Sukha offers meditation practice that is based on the earliest teachings of the Buddha and not the later commentaries. We call this Tranquil Wisdom Insight Meditation. We use the Majjhima Nikaya and the other Nikayas as our only basis for teaching. This develops an aware relaxed state which is conducive to very deep states of meditation. Anapanasati or Breath, and the Brahma Viharas are what are taught. From here the practicer embarks on a journey to the goal of Buddhism which is Awakening in this very life.
Bhante has invited by Google to give a talk on Meditation at their main California Campus on April 24th near San Jose. He will be treated to lunch with the employees and then give a lecture which will be video taped and broadcasted on YOUTUBE later on.
NEWS (Last update April 11, 2014)
- Bhante Dhamma Sarana - an Australian student of Bhante Vimalaramsi will visit us again on May 30th. He is in the process of arranging an Australian tour in October.
- Bhante has been invited to Japan for the 2014 World Buddhist Conference Dec 2014. The Last one was 2008.
- Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center (UIBDS) joins the Amazon Smiles program from which Amazon donates .5% of all your purchases made from your account to our organization. Just sign up on the support page.
- A Spanish version of Bhante's original Anapanasati book TWIM is now available on Amazon in paper or kindle.
- DSMC announces new Summer Program MOU with SIBA. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been finalized. Several diploma programs are in the process of being developed. Find out more about this program Here. It will include Certificate programs and Diplomas in Early Buddhist Studies, Sutta Studies, Dhamma in English, Pali, Buddhist History and Culture etc. We may have one in July or August this year but certainly next year in the Summer.
For teachings in other languages please visit our Foreign Countries and Translations Page.
- Information on retreats at the Missouri Retreat Center
- New Calendar function Indonesia retreats and Bhante's travel schedule are here. Other events as they occur.
- Introduction to Meditation
- The 6 R's page; Video about the 6rs at the World Buddhist Conference
- Foundations of Buddhism by Sister Khema
- Books and Videos
- Dhamma Talk and Transcript Library
- Watch the Orientation & Instructions for Meditation on Youtube
- Sign up to help DSMC when you Purchase items on Amazon - a percentage of your purchase goes to DSMC with no charge to you. Check the Smile Program.
- Watch Videos of Bhante on our Youtube Channel.
- Short history of Buddhaghosa and the Buddhist timeline from Bhante's Perspective.
- Bhante discusses the pros and cons of being a Bodhisattva and whether it is wise to take this vow.
- 4 minutes - Bhante discusses a sound is just a sound. Stop fighting the distractions to your meditation. Release, relax, smile.
- We have a page that will help you smile! Go watch some smiling videos!
- Watch Bhante's talk at SEMO
- Short on Time? Here are full talks by Bhante V that are less than one hour long. The first 8 are in order given at a retreat. After that are various talks.
- Fun videos that will make you smile.