Welcome to Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center
Bhante Vimalaramsi is the abbot of DSMC and currently writes and teaches the on-site retreats. He offers public talks nearby by invitation. Sister Khema teaches 8 day monthly Online retreats and teaches offsite 4-5 day meditation/workshop retreats and public talks while residing, writing and editing at DSMC.
Bhante has returned from Sri Lanka. Bhante Dhammasarana will be here in May. Bhante Kusala has been invited back for the Summer. A new book by a student of Bhante's has just been published. A Spanish Edition of the Anapanasati Sutta has been published. Dhamma Sukha has just announced a new Summer Program in cooperation with SIBA. See below in news.
NEWS (Last update Feb 28, 2014)
- Bhante has been invited to Japan for the 2014 World Buddhist Conference. The Last one was 2008.
- Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center (UIBDS) joins the Amazon Smiles program in which Amazon donates .5% of all your purchases made in your account to our organization. Just sign up below.
- Bhante Dhamma Sarana - an australian student of Bhante Vimalaramsi will visit us again in May
- A Spanish version of Bhante's original Anapanasati book TWIM is now available on Amazon in paper or kindle.
- DSMC announces new Summer Program MOU with SIBA. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is now being finalized. Several diploma programs are in the process of being developed. Find out more about this program HERE. It will include Certificate programs and Diplomas in Early Buddhist Studies, Sutta Studies, Dhamma in English, Pali, Buddhist History and Culture etc.
For teachings in other languages please visit our Foreign Countries and Translations Page.
- Information on retreats at the Missouri Retreat Center
- New Calendar function Indonesia retreats and Bhante's travel schedule are here. Other events as they occur.
- Introduction to Meditation
- The 6 R's page Video about the 6rs at World Buddhist Conference
- Foundations of Buddhism by Sister Khema
- Books and Videos
- Dhamma Talk and Transcript Library
- Watch the Orientation & Instructions for Meditation on Youtube
- Sign up to help DSMC when you Purchase items on Amazon - a percentage of your purchase goes to DSMC with no charge to you. Check the Smile Program.
- Watch Videos of Bhante on our Youtube Channel.
- Short history of Buddhaghosa and the Buddhist timeline from Bhante's Perspective.
- Bhante discusses the pros and cons of being a Bodhisattva and whether it is wise to take this vow.
- 4 minutes - Bhante discusses a sound is just a sound. Stop fighting the distractions to your meditation. Release, relax, smile.
- We have a page that will help you smile! Go watch some smiling videos!
- Watch Bhante's talk at SEMO
- Short on Time? Here are full talks by Bhante V that are less than one hour long. The first 8 are in order given at a retreat. After that are various talks.
- Fun videos that will make you smile.