Testimonial from Online Retreaters for 2015-16.
- "In my second sitting with the six directions I had an amazing experience. During the first sitting I was having trouble keeping my Metta up, but in the second sitting it seemed to be spontaneously arising after I got it started. When I started to direct the Metta downward, it was like igniting a rocket. All of a sudden I had this extraordinary sense of lightness as if I was about to levitate. My arms felt like they were about to lift off my thighs. I tried the Relax Step to make sure that it was not an experience of wanting such and such to happen, but this was simply occurring on its own. When I switched to radiating the Metta above it was like I got blasted into space with my whole body, light as a feather and when I switched to all directions I was simply radiating serenity to everywhere with no thought of doing so, no doing at all." L.W. NY
- "Of all the things I learned this week, maybe the most valuable is not to get too serious and force things. D.S. New York
- "I felt a lot of relief during this meditation. There was a moment where everything became a little bit lighter... It felt very healing and I thought I was going to breakthrough if that word makes sense... At that point I started to tear up, but not out of sadness, maybe more out of relief or joy." J. G. Michigan
- "I actually had a few of the things in the list above come up. At the start of the sit it was more of a calm, quiet happiness and it progressed to an overflowing, very strong joy towards the middle of the sit (probably about 20 minutes in, I would guess). This was when I was already partially into the portion where I was wishing happiness towards my spiritual friend. I could feel the joy suffused throughout my whole body, not just in my heart. My visual field also turned into a vibrant neon violet color, with rainbow patterns. By this point it seemed like my smile was basically floating in middair, without much sense of the rest of my body. Lots of fun! This is potent stuff. :)" S. S. Indianapolis, IN
- "After the infinite space dissipated I relaxed again and I began to see objects like lights street across my view. I relaxed again and bubble of pure joy enveloped me. Inside this bubble was dark featureless. The joy was the most complete and intense I have experienced. Then it faded and I came out of the meditative state." M.R. Japan
- Tell me more if you picked something from the list above.
"Today I woke up with this incredible lovingkindness feeling in my heart. During the morning meditation this feeling was very intense, even though I had difficulties sending lovingkindness to my spiritual friend at times, (I picked Jackie Chan because I could not find anybody else), so I just sent lovingkindness to every being that crossed my mind.
Anyway, the feeling was with me almost all day, and I was deeply happy. I was able to 6r almost every unwholesome thing that showed up and even though I am very tired now, because I had to drive almost all day long, this feeling is still with me. It was specially strong during my last meditation and during Bhante's talk."
- " I was able to generate loving-kindness and radiate the feeling to my spiritual friend. Within a few seconds I felt an overwhelming wave of joy. It was like my spiritual friend was radiating metta back to me; I cried out of joy..... Again I returned to my meditation object (spiritual friend) but again I felt the wave of joy, this time I just felt and tremendously grateful." E.M. California
- "Other times I am immersed in the equanimity and I lose spatial awareness of vastness -- spatial perception becomes minimized" D.L. Michigan
After Doing a Forgiveness Retreat:
- "Dear David, I started today to do Metta. It was nice actually.I felt joy and feeling of bliss very high in my heart. I was so surprised...I have felt joy in my heart this week. First time I think. Before I was feeling joy in the mind.But bliss state, never felt before in my heart and so high.Walking meditation was good. Nice to send love to people and feeling the heart with the feeling of loving kindness.Thanks a lot of for that improvement.Your guidance and advice have been very good.Thanks David.Have a good time.See you soon." F. L. Italy