How to get to Dhamma Sukha Meditation Center-Please print -GPS doesn't always work! We are told the You should set the GPS to Ironton, Missouri first if coming though St Louis. Go from there using the map. If coming from the south you can set it to Lesterville, MO and then use your map.
GPS: 37.513113, -90.767203
+37° 30' 47.21", -90° 46' 1.93"
GPS: 37.513113, -90.767203
+37° 30' 47.21", -90° 46' 1.93"
View Google Map
Questions? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a reply within 24hrs.
Getting to the Center
DRIVE BY CAR
From the North (St Louis) Airport
1. Take 270 South 20 miles and then 55 South 20 miles toward Cape Girardeau.
2. Then take exit 174B off 55 to merge onto US-67 S toward Bonne Terre/Farmington 35 miles.
3. Take the MO-221 W exit right toward Doe Run (Dairy Queen and Mcdonalds on right) are there.
4. Go 7.1 miles and then turn left onto MO-221 toward Pilot Knob & Arcadia Valley.
5. Go 8.9 miles to Pilot knob and turn left onto 21 South toward Ironton (Sign for Pilot knob & SUBWAY SAND. is on the right.
You might see CC Highway that says Taum Sauk Mtn Park - DO NOT TAKE THAT - WE ARE ON AA not CC.
6. Go 9 miles past Ironton (Walgreens) South on 21 to AA and turn right.
7. Follow AA and go 5mi-It becomes County Road 204. Do not continue on a dirt road- stay on paved road.
8. The Black mailbox is on the Right side (BOX 8218 —-> and the driveway is on the left at big White Rock with the Dhamma Wheel painted on it. Turn in and follow sign for RETREAT up hill across creek.
From the East (Cape Girardeau)
1. Take 72 to Ironton
2. In Ironton the road will curve around and stop, at this point turn Right onto Home Street.
3. Follow Home St. one block to stop sign & turn Right onto 21 and then go about 13 miles. You will see 1900 Guns Gas Station on your right.
4. Continue down 21S 8 miles and turn right onto AA ( there is a sign for Taum Sauk AMEREN Power Plant).”
5. Follow AA go 5mi-It becomes County Road 204. Do not continue on a dirt road- stay on paved road.
6. The Black mailbox is on the Right side (BOX 8218 —-> and the driveway is on the left at big White Rock with the Dhamma Wheel painted on it. Turn in and follow sign for RETREAT up hill across creek.
From the South (Centerville)
1. Make your way on Rt 60 to Centerville. Continue on 21 to Lesterville
2. As you pass through this tiny town you will cross a bridge and see the log cabin inn on the left. Just beyond that is a sign for Taum Sauk Lake on the left. This is “U”
3. Turn Left onto “U”.
4. Follow U 7 Miles and bear Right where the trucks line up for entering the power plant project at the stop sign. Continue right and go three miles.
5. The mailbox is on the Left . BOX 8218 and the driveway is on the right at the White Rock. Don't go right into Gated Monastic area - follow signs up the hill 1/10th mile.
ARRIVE by AIR -Airport pickup by DSMC staff and go to center direct.
This is reserved for people coming from Overseas and flights unable to get to St Louis in time by 12:30pm- Cost $60 each person. This is a 2 hr trip and includes meeting you in the baggage area.
ARRIVE by AIR -Shuttle from the Airport-All others
The closest Airport is St Louis (STL)
UPON ARRIVAL YOUR TRANSPORT FROM AIRPORT TO THE CENTER
Please try to set up flights to arrive at St. Louis by 12:30 PM- You must take a metro train to the Shuttle downtown which leaves by 2pm from the Downtown Bus/Amtrak Station. Cost $4 for one way. It leaves from the airport.
Shuttle doesn't run weekends. For weekends you must have us pick you up.
Monday Through Friday, When you arrive at St. Louis Lambert Field Airport, after going to the baggage area, you need to then go upstairs to the METROLINK train and ride to the CIVIC CENTER STATION Bus/Amtrak Train Station. Buy the cheapest 2 hr ride ticket and then validate it right there at the Validation machine next to the ticket machine- Very important if they ask to see the ticket on the train. Then proceed up the escalator to the train platform and just get on.
Walk to the Greyhound side of the station (Amtrak is on the other side) and pick up your SMTS shuttle service ticket at the white SMTS shuttle van with blue SMTS on it, which leaves at 2pm. Arrive at 1:45pm. It then takes you to Farmington by 3:30PM. Note:The bus station and the amtrak train station are next to each other. You just walk a few feet through a door.
DSMC staff will pick you up in Farmington and carry you back to the center at 3pm when you arrive from St Louis.
You may call David if there is any issue on his cell at 573-604-1481. It is 45 minutes to the center from Farmington.
For this SMTS route Cash or Credit card are accepted
Purchase tickets on the vehicle if you are arriving or at the Farmington departure point. Currently $30.
No need to reserve a shuttle ticket - Just arrive and get on.
YOUR RETURN BACK TO THE AIRPORT
Please set up flights after 1:00 PM when you leave.
Catch the SMTS Shuttle back to the airport. Shuttle doesn't go on weekends or holidays. We will drop you at the shuttle in nearby farmington.
Monday through Friday there is service leaving at 9am from Farmington.
The shuttle arrives at one location which is
the Greyhound Bus Terminal/ Amtrak Station/ metrolink that transports you to the LAMBERT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
Shuttle DEPARTS at 9 AM from 400 N. Washington St. in Farmington, MO
ARRIVES at 11 AM to the Greyhound Bus Terminal
Cost is $30.00 (one way) per person.
IF you leave from FARMINGTON, you may pay by cash or credit card.
We will get you to the shuttle and help you through the process.
For further information about SMTS rides, please contact SMTS HOME OFFICE in Fredericktown, MO.
Toll free contact number - 800-273-0646
If there is any complication, please contact us so we can make arrangements for you. Contact us at email@example.com
8218 County Road 204
Annapolis MO 63620