Home > Introduction to Meditation > Meditation Instructions > Beginner Lovingkindess > 6Rs > Retreats
In the steps of the Buddha...
The first thing we do is start the student meditating.
RECOMMENDED INSTRUCTION TALKS
1. Loving-Kindness instructions Metta-(Brahma Viharas) Practice 30min per day.
2. Very short instruction video on Metta here
Bhante recommends all students start with the Brahma Viharas instead
of using the breath. Especially students who have practiced the breath
with other teachers should consider doing Metta as they have picked
up habits that do not work with how Bhante teaches.
2.On-the-Breath Meditation Anapanasati -See above note. Metta is by far faster and easier than Breath. Try that first!
3. Forgiveness Meditation (to be used as a stepping stone practice only when prescribed by the teacher for you).
Include some Walking Meditation
4. Practice and learn the 6 R's to work with Hindrances.
5. Read the Barebones on Metta Booklet online
Bhante's books on Amazon
David's new Path to Nibbana Book with all the instructions and attainments outlined.
Start watching the Video series. Watch this series first: Online Retreat Series for a 9 day retreat
Explore the Talks library. You can listen to Audio files, watch videos and even download the transcripts to study.
Listen below to the book "A Guide to Tranquil Wisdom Insight Meditation"